Water damage cleanup is crucial to restoring your Owasso home after a flood, leak, or any other water-related incident. In order to mitigate damage to your home and belongings, water damage cleanup needs to begin right away. Many factors determine how successful your water damage cleanup will be, one being whether or not you use the right equipment for the job. The right equipment can make all the difference in the success of the cleanup and help ensure the health and safety of not only those involved in the restoration process but also those living in the home.
Water Damage Cleanup Owasso
The following are some of the key equipment used in water damage cleanup services that our team at Oklahoma Disaster has used and are more than likely to be part of any cleanup project:
- Wet/Dry Vacuums: Wet/dry vacuums are an essential tool in removing standing water from the affected area. They come in various sizes, making them ideal for large or small areas. These vacuums can extract water from carpets, flooring, and other surfaces.
- Dehumidifiers: Dehumidifiers are used to reduce the moisture in the air, which is critical to prevent mold and bacteria growth. They work by removing moisture from the air and collecting it in a tank, which can then be emptied.
- Fans: Fans circulate air in the affected area and speed up the drying process. They can be used in combination with dehumidifiers to help reduce moisture levels in the air.
- Moisture Meters: Moisture meters are handheld devices that measure the moisture content in different materials, including carpet, flooring, and walls. This information is essential to determine the extent of the water damage and the drying process.
- Air Movers: Air movers, also known as blowers, are used to increase the airflow in the affected area. They are often used with dehumidifiers and fans to speed up drying. They’re able to target areas vs keeping a window open trying to get a draft large enough to help dry the specified areas affected.
- Protective Clothing: Personal protective equipment such as gloves, masks, and goggles are crucial for the safety of those involved in the water damage cleanup process. This equipment helps to protect against potential exposure to harmful bacteria and mold.
- Disinfectants: Disinfectants are essential in preventing the growth of bacteria and mold after water damage. They can be applied to surfaces and materials that have been affected by water damage. It’s a key component in ensuring that the rest of the water damage restoration process doesn’t accumulate additional steps along the way.
We understand that water damage cleanup requires the use of specialized equipment to remove standing water, reduce moisture levels, and prevent the growth of mold and bacteria. The right equipment, combined with a thorough cleanup process, can help to restore a property to its original state and ensure the health and safety of those involved and that is exactly what you get when you call Oklahoma Disaster Restoration when you need water damage cleanup.