Owasso typically receives a moderate amount of rainfall during the spring months. According to historical climate data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the average precipitation for Owasso in the months of March, April, and May is between 3 and 5 inches. Additionally, severe weather events such as thunderstorms and tornadoes are not uncommon in Oklahoma during the spring months, and these can bring heavy rainfall in a short amount of time. That being said, homeowners in Owasso should be prepared for potential weather-related water damage in the springtime.
Water Damage Cleanup Owasso
As Owasso area water damage cleanup specialists, Oklahoma Disaster Restoration knows what homes are up against during the spring, which is why we recommend the following steps to prepare for potential springtime water damage:
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean and free of debris to ensure proper drainage.
- Ensure that the roof of your home is in good condition and free of leaks.
- Install a sump pump in the basement to prevent flooding.
- Check that the grading around the house slopes away from the foundation.
- Look for and repair any leaks or damage to windows and doors.
- Review your insurance policy to make sure you have adequate coverage for water damage and flood damage before water damage occurs.
If you do find your home affected by water damage from springtime flooding, here are some water damage cleanup steps we recommend:
- First things first, ensure everyone is safe. Safety should always be the number one concern. Turn off the electricity, gas, and water supply to the affected area if it is safe to do so. If the flooding is severe or if there is any doubt about safety, evacuate the home and call for professional help.
- Call a water damage cleanup company. A professional water damage cleanup company will be able to respond quickly, safely assess the situation, and develop a plan of action to get the water removed, dry and disinfect the area, and make any necessary repairs as soon as possible.
- Contact your insurance provider. You will need to report the damage to your insurance provider and start the claims process. Be sure to take photos and videos to document the damage to show proof of loss. It is also helpful to keep a detailed list of damaged items. Let your insurance provider know which water damage cleanup company you are using, as they often will work together to make sure the claim is filed correctly. All requirements are met during the entire cleanup process.
Try not to get overwhelmed. Here at Oklahoma Disaster Restoration, we know firsthand how overwhelming weather-related water damage can be, so we know that this is easier said than done. We also know that we will work hard to take as much stress off your shoulders as possible by providing top-of-the-line services to get your home back to normal, so you can rest assured that your home and belongings are in very capable hands. So try to enjoy those spring showers that are sure to be on the forecast these next couple of months, and rest assured that our team is standing by to take your call if you need water damage cleanup.